In EU endusers are required to develop an EPD – explosion protection documentation – according to DIRECTIVE 1999/92/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 16 December 1999 on minimum requirements for improving the safety and health protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres (15th individual Directive within the meaning of Article 16(1) of Directive 89/391/EEC)
Who can write it? Are there any national differences?
Directive says following:
ANNEX 2 2.8. Before a workplace containing places where explosive atmospheres may occur is used for the first time, its overall explosion safety must be verified. Any conditions necessary for ensuring explosion protection must be maintained. Such verification must be carried out by persons competent in the field of explosion protection as a result of their experience and professional training.
Interesting question: whom you believe to be the Ex competent one?
Keep up good work!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: