a new trend has been introduced here: how we do Ex…! it shall be understood by all who are in charge for explosion protection.
· Data collection from site ( existing policies related to Ex procedures, PTWs, HSE)
· Meetings with Maintenance, Assets and Operations personnel for their inputs
· Draft SEP – see minimal content of sent sample documents
· Include references to IEC 60079 series of standards requirements and site specific conditions
· Include non-electrical ignition sources and their handling policies
· Include inspection schedules, intervals, site based competence requirements
· Include Ex training, certificates, refreshment courses, training containers
· Include operating manuals, instructions for online VD
· Determine responsibilities matrix for Ex issues based on job descriptions/functions
· Determine access rights to online VD actions (read only, general query, professional access to modify, change, save and email automatic notifications to all concerned parties)
· Include Ex rated equipment procurement control
· Include HA classifications, layouts, sections, materials schedules and update requirements
· Include in house inspections protocol (assuming competent personnel with valid certificates)
· Include third party inspections and audit intervals and protocol
· Include modifications to existing Ex installations and its verification and acceptance
· Include new Ex installations and its verification and acceptance
· Submit draft SEP to site MAO for review
· Update SEP with comments
· Do workshop or presentation as required
· Issue final SEP to all parties
best in SEP – one information package about hazardous area compliance. specially interesting for companies working in different regions and with many sub-contractors multilingual.
keep up good work!