Throughout any inspection campaign non-compliant issues are going to be found. Here are some common issues we have found whilst conducting inspections on pressurised/ purged or ventilated equipment.
• If an Ex p or Ex v house or container, no Statement of Assessment (report) exists to indicate compliance to an acceptable standard
• Installed equipment, intended to operate until the environment is purged and/or pressurised, is not explosion protected
• Ex p: The minimum internal overpressure cannot be achieved as per the design standard
• Ex v: The minimum flow rate cannot be achieved as per the design standard Door or cover seals are perished or missing
• Documentation missing or incorrect
• Certificate of Conformity not read
• Labels missing or not illegible
• Cable damage
• The inlet and outlet ports are not positioned correctly
• Inadequate protective pressure / flow
• Dirty filters
• Pressure outside the permitted range
• Faulty instrumentation, gauges and meters
• Build up of dust or dirt
• Incorrect application or use of the equipment
What others can you think of?
- Personnel competence
- Not correct maintenance
- Not correct zoning
- Not clean air for ventilation
Keep up good work!