Whose duty is it?
It is necessary to ensure that any installation complies with the relevant equipment certificate as well as with this standard and any other requirements specific to the plant on which the installation takes place. To achieve this result, a verification dossier shall be prepared for every installation and shall be either kept on the premises or stored in another location. In the latter case, a document shall be left on the premises indicating who the owner or owners are and where that information is kept, so that when required, copies may be obtained.
NOTE The verification dossier can be kept as hard copy or in electronic form. Methods accepted by legislation in each country can have an impact on the form in which the documentation will be legally accepted.
In order to correctly install or extend an existing installation, the following information, additional to that required for non-hazardous areas, is required as part of the verification dossier, where applicable:
– area classification documents (see IEC 60079-10-1 and IEC 60079-10-2) with plans showing the classification and extent of the hazardous areas including the zoning (and maximum permissible dust layer thickness if the hazard is due to dust);
– optional assessment of consequences of ignition;
– where applicable, gas, vapour or dust classification in relation to the group or subgroup of the electrical equipment;
– temperature class or ignition temperature of the gas or vapour involved;
– where applicable, the material characteristics including electrical resistivity, the minimum ignition temperature of the dust cloud, minimum ignition temperature of the dust layer and minimum ignition energy of the dust cloud;
– external influences and ambient temperature.
– manufacturer’s instructions for selection, installation and initial inspection;
– documents for electrical equipment with conditions of use, e.g. for equipment with certificate numbers which have the suffix “X”;
– descriptive system document for the intrinsically safe system;
– details of any relevant calculation, e.g. for purging rates for instruments or analyser houses;
– manufacturer’s/qualified person’s declaration. Consideration should be given to obtaining information for maintenance and repair to meet the requirements of IEC 60079-17 and IEC 60079-19 respectively.
– necessary information to ensure correct installation of the equipment provided in a form which is suitable to the personnel responsible for this activity (see IEC 60079-0, Instructions);
– documentation relating to the suitability of the equipment for the area and environment to which it will be exposed, e.g. temperature ratings, type of protection, IP rating, corrosion resistance;
– the plans showing types and details of wiring systems;
– records of selection criteria for cable entry systems for compliance with the requirements for the particular type of protection;
– drawings and schedules relating to circuit identification;
– records of the initial inspection;
– installer’s/qualified person’s declaration,
NOTE Records of inspection for assemblies or pre-installed items can be accepted as part of initial inspection records.
So again…: Whose duty is the Verification Dossier?
Designers shall be able to demonstrate their competency and provide evidence of attaining the knowledge and skill requirements specified relevant to the types of protection and/or types of equipment involved.
They shall also be able to demonstrate their competency with documentary evidence in the:
a) production of documentation specified – see above;
b) production of designers certificates to the user as identified – see above;
c) practical skills necessary for the preparation and compilation of relevant design details for the concepts of protection and systems involved;
d) updated and production of installation records as identified – see above.
Job to-do (immediate): pls check the Ex competence of your designer team accordingly.
It means the VERIFICATION DOSSIER shall be made by the engineer team, and it becomes immediately the BASIS of lifetime tracking (both assets and documentation) for the owner of site. VERIFICATION DOSSIER is not optional, it is mandatory.
Keep up good work!
Whose duty is it?