pre-manufactured combination of Ex Equipment, together with other parts as necessary, that are electrically or mechanically interconnected that are pre-assembled prior to being placed into service at the end-user site, and that can be disassembled and then re-assembled at the end-user site.
all defined in iec 6oo79-46.
the equipment assembly shall be verified for suitability against the requirements of this document (IEC 60079-46), IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-14 and ISO 80079-36 as applicable.
for equipment assemblies subjected to type verification, the manufacturing process and the competency of the related personnel shall conform to ISO/IEC 80079-34. for equipment assemblies subjected to unit verification, competency of the personnel performing the production processes is verified by conformity of the equipment assembly withthis document. the verifying party shall be competent in the explosion protection aspects of
the assembly being verified. when equipment assemblies are subjected to unit verification, the verifying party shall have evidence of competency through an independent party or system. documentation regarding the above shall be included with each equipment assembly.
In addition to the requirements in IEC 60079-0 and ISO 80079-36, the certificate for the equipment assembly shall address the following, as applicable:
– assembly at the factory by the manufacturer of the equipment assembly;
– assembly at the end-site directly by the manufacturer or under the responsibility of the manufacturer of the equipment assembly;
– disassembly of an equipment assembly at the factory and reassembly at the end-site directly by the manufacturer or under the responsibility of the manufacturer;
– where the assembly has an internal source of release, the certificate shall state that the classification for the internal source of release has not been verified by the assessor, if such is the case;
– the specific clauses of IEC 60079-14 that have been satisfied;
– the level of inspection completed on the equipment assembly;
– where items other than Ex equipment were included as part of the assembly, the certificate shall list each such item and indicate the applicable marking on each item.
it is important to mention that assemblies shall be subject of certification according to IECEx. more and more CBs are approved to IEC 6oo79-46. what is an assembly see defined above.
keep up good work!