This is the second edition of ISO/IEC 80079-34:2018 – Explosive atmospheres — Part 34: Application of quality systems for ex product manufacture. It cancels and replaces the previous 2011 edition with a full technical revision.
All QAR’s (Quality Assessment Reports) and QAN’s (Quality Assurance Notifications) for IECEx and ATEX approvals – new and renewal assessments – will now be conducted in accordance to ISO/IEC 80079-34:2018.
The changes from the previous edition are minor, but the Clause numbering has changed in order to be in line with ISO 9001:2015.
The application of ISO/IEC 80079-34:2018 is intended to cover:
- electrical equipment (IEC 60079-0, -1, -2, -5, -6, -7, -11, -13, -15, -18, -28, – 33)
- non-electrical equipment (ISO 80079-36 and -37)
- protective systems (ISO 16852)
- safety devices (IEC 60079-29)
- Ex Components (IEC 60079-0, …)
- and their combinations as assembly of Ex equipment (IEC 60079-46)
Some definitions have been withdrawn because these words are already defined in IEC 60079-0 and not changed:
- Ex Component
- Ex Equipment
- Type of Protection
- 3.5 Ex Product Ex Equipment, protective system, safety device, Ex Component and their combination, as well as software and services
- 3.10 Technical documentation Adding of the “Formal Ignition hazard identification and assessment” for Non-electrical equipment conforms to ISO 80079-36
original article: https://labtestcert.com/labtest-news/new-isoiec-80079-342018-whats-changed/
Keep up good work!